Do you look back on it with pride or embarrassment?
Hey sweet Nonnie!
I have gotten this question before, but it’s okay, I’m really happy to help :)
- Have a clean, organized theme; make it as easy as possible for your followers to get around your blog
- Try and keep content original when possible - take pictures, document your reading progress, discuss the books that you’re reading; it’s okay to reblog things, we all do it, but try to add something of your own
- Write book reviews - make your opinions clear and don’t be afraid to express them
- Participate in events, like books-cupcakes's Book Photo Challenge, treesofreverie's Read-A-Thons, there are also book clubs, hosted by bookmad and booktown; also thegirlofnovels is trying to set up a world wide book club
- Participate in discussions, get involved in the book community (we’re very welcoming, like I said)
- If you can afford it, try hosting a book giveaway
- Last but not least, don’t be afraid to ask for help from fellow bloggers, but keep it nice and polite :)
The best advice I can give you, though, is to have fun! Don’t stress about followers and note counts and such. Just do it for yourself and do it for fun :)
Good luck, I’m here for anything else :)
I just want to buy a bunch of books that I have nowhere to put and no time to read
Written a novel? Writing one? Reblog this with your tips for those who haven’t yet started. Tag with #writing tips!